"You don't need great height or brute strength to succeed in tennis, as the game's smoothest new star has shown."
Steve Tignor, Tennis Magazine
1. Size Doesn't Have to Matter on the Serve -At 5' 6", Halep
is the shortest woman in the Top 5, but she never has settled
for the lollipop delivery . . . she goes after the ball and
makes her serve a weapon - loose arm, simple motion, forward
2. Yes, You Can Go Down the Line - Few players looks as free
when they play as Halep. She changes direction and shows no
fear . . .
3. Start With a Solid Foundation - The common denominator to
all of Halep's groundstrokes is her seemingly effortless
balance. . . Halep lets her feet do the work.
4. Winning Breeds . . . Winning - Halep made winning a habit.
5. When the Going Gets Tough, The Tough Slow Down - Halep in
this instance shows us not to do. Don't rush, but slow things
"Learning from . . . Simona Halep", Steve Tignor, Tennis
Magazine (Jan.-Feb. 2016), Page 41.